Paul Mersereau joined with John Drew to form Drew & Mersereau, P.C. in 1989 after practicing with Reid & Reige, P.C. for 25 years. With 45 years of professional experience, Paul practices primarily in the areas of estate planning, trust administration, estate settlement and business planning. Paul has been counsel in many successful change of trustee cases throughout the state for both private and charitable trusts, including the successful seminal case in 2001 that rose to the Connecticut Supreme Court in 2003 (Fleet National Bank’s Appeal From Probate, 267 Conn. 229). Paul is the father of six children and has lived in Avon for over twenty years.
Chris joined Drew & Mersereau, P.C. in 1997. Chris practices primarily in the areas of estate planning, trust administration, estate administration and business planning. Chris is a frequent speaker for professional and community groups on the subjects of estate planning and estate administration. Chris, and his wife, Katie Martin, live in Simsbury with their two sons. Outside of practicing law, Chris enjoys spending time with his family, cheering on his favorite teams and training for triathlons and road races.
Awards and Achievements
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. Click here to see an explanation of the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Trusts and Estates in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016. Click here to see the selection process used by The Best Lawyers in America©.
- A Practical Guide to Probate in Connecticut, Author of Chapter 5 – Removal, Resignation and Death of Fiduciaries, MCLE – New England (July 2013).
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member 1997 – Present
Estates & Probate Section, Executive Committee Member 2007 – Present
Estates & Probate Section, Vice-Chair 2015 – Present
Estates & Probate Section, Secretary 2013 – 2015
Estates & Probate Section, Treasurer 2012 – 2013
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member 1999 – Present
- Estate and Business Planning Counsel of Hartford, Member 2001 – Present
Director 2011 – 2013
Membership Committee Chair 2011 – 2013
- Simsbury-Granby Rotary Club, Member 1999 – Present
President 2001 – 2002
Received Paul Harris Fellow Award for service to the Club in 2008
- Avon Old Farms School National Council, Member 2007 – Present
Vice President 2011 – Present
Secretary 2007 – 2009
- University of Connecticut Foundation Professional Advisory Council, Member 2008 – Present
- Hartford Foundation for Public Giving Professional Advisory Committee, Member 2010 – 2013
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate, Trust & Gift Taxation
- Trust Administration
- Business Law
- Corporate Law
- Charitable Giving
- Connecticut, 1997
- Massachusetts, 1995
- University of Connecticut, J.D., with Honors, 1995
- Duke University, A.B. 1990