Chris joined Drew & Mersereau, P.C. in 1997. Chris practices primarily in the areas of estate planning, trust administration, estate administration and business planning. Chris is a frequent speaker for professional and community groups on the subjects of estate planning and estate administration. Chris, and his wife, Katie Martin, live in Simsbury with their two sons. Outside of practicing law, Chris enjoys spending time with his family, cheering on his favorite teams and training for triathlons and road races.
Awards and Achievements
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow, 2017 – Present. ACTEC is a national organization of approximately 2,600 lawyers elected to membership by demonstrating the highest level of integrity, commitment to the profession, competence, and experience as trust and estate counselors.
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. Click here to see an explanation of the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Trusts and Estates in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018. Click here to see the selection process used by The Best Lawyers in America©.
- A Practical Guide to Probate in Connecticut, Author of Chapter 5 – Removal, Resignation and Death of Fiduciaries, MCLE – New England (July 2013).
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member 1997 – Present
Estates & Probate Section, Executive Committee Member 2007 – Present
Estates & Probate Section, Chair 2017 – Present
Estates & Probate Section, Vice-Chair 2015 – 2017
Estates & Probate Section, Secretary 2013 – 2015
Estates & Probate Section, Treasurer 2012 – 2013
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member 1999 – Present
- Estate and Business Planning Counsel of Hartford, Member 2001 – Present
Director 2011 – 2013
Membership Committee Chair 2011 – 2013
- Simsbury-Granby Rotary Club, Member 1999 – Present
President 2001 – 2002
Received Paul Harris Fellow Award for service to the Club in 2008
- Avon Old Farms School Board of Directors, Member 2016 – Present
- Avon Old Farms School National Council, Member 2007 – 2016
Vice President 2011 – Present
Secretary 2007 – 2009
- University of Connecticut Foundation Professional Advisory Council, Member 2008 – Present
- Hartford Foundation for Public Giving Professional Advisory Committee, Member 2010 – 2013
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate, Trust & Gift Taxation
- Trust Administration
- Business Law
- Corporate Law
- Charitable Giving
- Connecticut, 1997
- Massachusetts, 1995
- University of Connecticut, J.D., with Honors, 1995
- Duke University, A.B. 1990